Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pause Cafe - Windsor

Early in the week one of my coworkers emailed all of her female colleagues to see if we'd be into lunch at Pause Cafe on Wednesday. We all said yes, and I'm so glad I joined them. I'd only been to Pause once before and had forgotten how wonderful it is. Where else can you get such surprising flavour combinations as in their Granny Smith apple with white cheddar panini or the currently available avocado coconut lime ice cream? Their teas are pretty groovy, too.


..


I had the Turkish apricot and lentil soup with a side quinoa and mango salad. The soup was good and the salad delicious. I'll definitely be back soon, hopefully with Chuck in tow, to experience more of their fun ingredient ensembles. I'm told the proprietor tries to use fresh local ingredients to a great extent.

Turkish apricot lentil soup

quinoa and mango salad
Plus you have to love the charming decor and vibe of this place... I feel as if I've disappeared into a Mucha poster when I pass through the doors.

Pause cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    https://www.urbanspoon.com/r/367/1569601/restaurant/Pause-cafe-Windsor

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/367/12973/Windsor/Border-Cities-Blooming.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete